There is no quick answer or solution to the question about when to refinish your real wood floor. It is well adhered within the housing market that a real wood floor increases the value of your home more than any other flooring surface because of its natural beauty.
So when you’re preparing to sell your home you should consider refurbishment of your existing wood floors.
Why replace your damaged wood floor and install new wood flooring when refurbishing your existing real wood floor could be the economical option. So when you’re redecorating or renovating your home then refinishing and refurbishing your existing wood floors can prove to be very prudent.
Midlands Floors will endeavour to make good any minor imperfections as part of our standard refurbishment service and should there be any major repair then we can offer you the best solutions and advice. We’ll help and advise you with all the options so you make the best possible choice. We’ll plan the refinishing process so that it results in long lasting beauty and durability. We’ll also plan the process so there’s as little disruption to your life as possible
By refurbishing your existing real wood floor you open up many options, you can choose whether to stain the wood or not. Midlands Floors will help you make the decision with stain charts and sample stains on the floor what ever the colour the price will remain the same beit stain or dye.
Another option is to oil the floor as opposed to lacquer for the finished look, this option is more forgiving in busier environments providing its maintained on a regular basis.
Finishing is the final step. Midlands Floors always apply three coats of ‘Junkers’ lacquer so that you get maximum protection for your floors and if you opt for Oiled option we will apply the appropriate applications.
Refurbishment and Sanding Cost*
- Sand & Lacquer service for existing wood floors which includes making good minor cosmetic imperfections: Price: £39.55m2
- Sand & Oil service for existing wood floors which includes making good minor cosmetic imperfections: Price: £44.55m2
- Sand, Lacquer/Oil & Dye/ Stain service for existing wood floors which includes making good minor cosmetic imperfections and applying dye or stain to match: Price: £47.55m2
- Sand only service for floors where you wish to apply your own finish: Price: £29.43m2
- Repair service for damaged wood floors or where floors need to be sourced to matched, priced on a bespoke basis: Price: POA
- Gap fill service you require gaps between boards to filled with wood, filler or cork: Price: POA
- Sports line service is a commercial service where sports markings/lines eg; Badminton and Basketball: Price: POA
*Prices are based on a minimum area of 15m2 and entails first 15m2 being charged a fixed rate, prices include VAT, all prices are subject to final confirmation upon acceptance of works agreed and a green surcharge
Due the fluctuation in cost of raw materials the cost of materials used for wood floor refurbishment our prices have increased to a bare minimum to ensure we continue to use the best quality branded oils, stains and high performance lacquers
Make an Enquiry
For more information on our Floor Restoration and Sanding Services please fill out the enquiry form below.